Project name: Friendly Cities: Accessible Natural and Cultural Urban Environment for People with Disabilities
Funder: European Commission
Co-financing: KÜSK (National Foundation of Civil Society, Estonia)
Timeframe: January 2016-June 2018
NGO Lake Peipsi Project, Pskov (Lead partner)
Pskov NGO "You and me"
Peipsi Center for Transboundary Cooperation
1. Assessment of the accessibility of prior natural and cultural facilities (mainly public parks and museums) and services for the needs of people with disabilities
2. Development and implementation of educational activities and technical solutions for the adaptation of the facilities' infrastructure and services to the needs of people with disabilities
3. Reinforcement of role of target CSOs as competent partners to national authorities in efficient solving of the issues addressed.
4. Exchange of experience between EU-Russian partners on accessibility to urban natural and cultural objects
Activities in 2016
- Project partners and steering committee meeting; 26 February 2016, in Pskov
- Project opening conference "Accessible environment", 11-14 May, Pskov
-Project field trips to Estonia-Sweden;12-16 September 2016
- Autumn School of Public Assessment of Accessibility of Environment; 3-7 oct 2016, in Pskov
- Project partners and steering committee meeting; 13 Decembery 2016, in Pskov
11.03.16: Friendly cities project kick off;
25.07.16 TENDER -Development of the Manual on Accessible Urban Green Areas
Deadline to receive proposals- 10 August 2016.Read more.
12.09.16 Field trip to Estonia and Sweden
- Newsletter 1; May 2016
- Newsletter 2; December 2016