Peipsi Centre for Transboundary Cooperation in cooperation with University of Tartu J. Skytte Institute cordially invites you to the seminar “East and West: Civil Societies in Cooperation”. Seminar takes place in Tartu, Estonia, 28-29 September 2017, under the auspices of the Estonian Presidency of the Council of the European Union (www.eu2017.ee)
Target Area and Beneficiaries: NGO-s and social entrepreneurs working with environmental, social, educational, and community development issues outside capital regions in Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan; and also in the Baltic States and Poland.
In total we expect around 50 participants.
The aim of the seminar is to strengthen the civil society (especially in rural areas) and involve them in discussion on the implementation and planning of the Eastern Partnership (EaP) policy. The seminar provides a platform for discussion on problems and challenges both of the EU and bilateral funded cross-border projects face. The participants work for formulation of common interest and standpoints. The seminar offers a chance to tell your story and share your experience with the EU and EaP colleagues, as well as to build up a network.
Topics and themes:
- Policy-orientated presentations on topics related to Government-civil society relations in the EaP region, funding programmes and their priorities,
- Participants case studies on both EU and bilateral funded cross-border projects. Lessons learned and proposals for improvements,
- Group work on main challenges of CBC projects, EU – EaP civil society partnership, funding issues,
- Field trip to South Estonia - best case studies on community development projects.
For participation contact: margitsare @ gmail.com; Tel + 3725088409
* The event takes place under the auspices of the Estonian Presidency of the Council of the European Union and is co-funded by National Foundation of Civil Societies.