1. International Steering Committe meetings.
2. Project web-site with essential information about project activities
3. Following publications are elaborated:
• 4 issues of Information Bulletins
• wall calendar "Green Area of the Border "Capitals" in 4 languages - EN, RU, EE, LV
• the manual "How to manage urban green areas" (working name)
• a university's study course on green management
• study of Pskov & Rezekne needs in format green management system;
• study of urban green management practices in Europe, Baltic Countries & Russia
• comparative study of existing tree management software manual "How to manage urban green areas" produced;
• university study course on green management in 3 languages - EE, LV & RU - produced & applied in participating universities
• workshop "Environmental management in urban areas" in Tartu;
• workshop "Management principles for urban green areas & trees" in Tartu;
• workshop "Urban green landscape design" in Pskov ;
• workshop "Green GIS: Planning of Urban Environment" in Rezekne ;
6. Study visits to partner cities:
• partner visit to Tartu to get acquainted with urban green principles applied ;
• 2 study visits to Tampere, Finland. The study visits to Tampere are envisaged to get inspired, to establish cooperative links with Finnish partners & to study in detail the Finnish model of urban green management.
7. Small scale LV national GIS training for municipal servants
8. Activities to develop green planning:
• workshop to develop methodology for green areas inventory (universities and municipalities, Pskov);
• 2 inventories carried out - Pskov & Rezekne;
• 2 "green" databases prepared;
• 2 similar management systems developed in tight cooperation between Pskov and Tartu.
9. Creating new and restoration of the existing green areas :
• the Arboretum (DendroPark) in the center of Pskov restored;
• The Friendship Alley in the center of Tartu created ;
• eco-friendly Children's recreation Area in Raina Park in Rezekne City reconstructed
• the Ancupani Forest Park Cover in Rezekne Local Municipality improved
• Besides, the project envisages the creation of small green areas: the Rozarium of Partner Cities & the Natural Trail in the center of Tartu.
10. 4 sets of technical documents for future green areas produced:
• Tartu - "Reconstruction of the Mathiesen Park"
• Pskov - "Restoration of the Botanic Garden"
• Rezekne City - "Reconstruction of North Industrial Zone Park"
• Rezekne Municipality - "Development of Greivuli Recreation Path"
Project press-releases on ctc.ee webpage:
1. Peipsi CTC signed a contract for new EE-LV-RU joint project "Greenman" - focusing on green management for urban development
2. Launch of the “GreenMan” ENPI cross-border cooperation project
3. Peipsi CTC began with two Estonia – Latvia – Russia cross border cooperation programme projects
4. Peipsi Center for Transboundary Cooperation organized international seminar "Environmant Management in Urban Areas" on 12.-13. September 2012 in Tartu
5. GreenMan project seminar "Urban Landscape design" took place in Pskov on 28.-30. November
6. Peipsi CTC organized together with Tampere City Government specialists study trip to Tampere on 12.-14. December
7. GreenMan project seminar "Urban Landscape design" took place in Pskov on 28.-30. November
8. Peipsi CTC, together with Tampere City Government specialists, organised a study trip to Tampere, on 12.-14. December.
9. International workshop "Green management system
development and methods of urban green areas inventory", took place in
Pskov, on 7-8 February
10. Peipsi CTC coordinator will participate in "Greenman" project Steering Committee and Staff Meeting in Rezekne on 18.-19. April
11. Peipsi CTC coordinator will participate in "Greenman" project Steering Committee and Staff Meeting in Rezekne on 18.-19. April
12. 2nd study trip to Tampere brought bright ideas to green management specialists
13. Seminar "Urban Forestry in Transition" in Tartu
NGO “Lake Peipsi Project, Pskov
tel/fax +7 8112 720688,
Address: Ya.Fabritsiusa 2a, office 18, Pskov, 180017, Russia
“Estonia – Latvia – Russia Cross Border Cooperation
Programme within the European Neighbourhood and Partnership Instrument
2007-2013 financially supports joint cross border development activities for
the improvement of the region’s competitiveness by utilising its potential and
beneficial location on the crossroads between the EU and Russian Federation.
The Programme web-site is www.estlatrus.eu.”