Biodiversity promotion in Moldova
Project name: Promotion of environmental education by Youth participation in monitoring forest biodiversity of the reserve Plaiul Fagului
Project is supported by:
Project duration: August 2013 – July 2014
Project coordinator: Eleri Seer, email@example.com
Women's Association for Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development
goals are oriented towards a better understanding of the nature and promoting
best techniques for conserving biodiversity. Intention is to transform
nature reserves in workshops conducting ecological classes. Project initiates a
program of environmental education in the training of over 240 students, aged
between 13-16 years, from educational institutions in these localities, in
various techniques for inventory and monitoring forest biodiversity.
1) Study visit to Estonia - October 2013, 4 participants from non-formal environmental education.
2) Seminar to train teachers and volunteers - September 2013, 30 volunteers and teachers participated in seminar
3) Development and implementation of an environmental
education programm - there was developed a lesson plan with 18 topics.
4) Theoretical and practical classes about natural environment and biodiversity - in 2013 there was 130 lessons held.
5) Creating communication network of school around Reserve Plaiul Fagului, creating environmental clubs to schools, 3 environmental clubs are created, there is planned 5 more.
Campaigne to promote biodiversity - Project activities have been published through press-releases, TV and radio. Three articles about Project have been bublished in journal "Natura".
7) Best practice guide for biodiversity inventoring and infobulletin of animal and plant species in the reserve of Plaiul Fagului printed.
8) Photo competition and exhibition - winner of photo contest will be announced during biodiversity day selebration on 24 May 2014.