1, 2 million euros, out of which 933 000 EUR is contributed by the EU Interreg Central Baltic Programme
Estonian co-financing: KÜSK
January 2018- December 2020
Margit Säre; margitsare @ gmail.com
The Baltic Institute of Finland - Lead partner
Visit Tampere Ltd, FI
Ecofellows Ltd, FI
Peipsi Centre for Transboundary Cooperation, EE
Region Östergötland, SE
County Administrative Board of Östergötland, SE
Burtnieku County municipality, LV
The project connects lakes Pyhäjärvi and Näsijärvi in Tampere Finland, lakes Åsunden, Järnlunden and Stora Rängen in the south of Linköping, Sweden, lake Peipsi in Estonia and lake Burtnieku in Latvia as a joint tourist attraction.
The project provides opportunities for lake tourism companies to develop their services for all seasons of the year. Above all, a joint Nordic-Baltic Lake -marketing message will be created during the project for marketing the lake areas and related services, especially for German tourists.
Each partner location will organise local product development workshops for lake tourism companies. The most motivated companies will be provided an opportunity to participate also in international workshops where they can learn from each other, share experiences and benchmark. The project connects lakes Pyhäjärvi and Näsijärvi in Tampere Finland, lakes Åsunden, Järnlunden and Stora Rängen in the south of Linköping, Sweden, lake Peipsi in Tartu, Estonia and lake Burtnieku in Latvia as a joint tourist attraction.
The project will enhance business and marketing cooperation between at least 20 Finnish, 20 Swedish, 15 Estonian and 15 Latvian companies that provide services, such as accommodation, food, activities, bike and other sports equipment renting, fishing and sauna for tourists.
The project will increase the attractiveness and visibility of Finnish, Swedish, Estonian and Latvian lakes and their environments as sustainable natural heritage tourist attractions and products.
- The partners´ meeting in Peipismaa in Estonia in August 22nd to 23th in 2019
- The partners´ meeting in Linköpingis in Sweden in November 19th to 21st in 2018
- The partners´ meeting in Burtniekus and in Valmieras in Latvia in August 28th to 29th in 2018.
- Opening seminar in Tampere, in March 2018.
- Kick-off meeting and the discussion of development strategy of Peipsimaa on 15th of March 2018 in Kolkjas
- Study visit to Germany: Mecklenburg Lake District, 23-27. September
- The product developement to German market, creating rotes 16.01.2019, 13.02.2019, 14.03.2019
- The development forum of Peipsimaa - the opportunities of the German tourism market for Peipsimaa, in 29.11.2018 Võnnu Curlture house.
- The training of food culture of Peipsimaa.
From 8th to 14th of June interesting bike trips are organised by Peipsi Center for Transboundary Cooperation to introduce local villages, churches, nature, and tourism enterprises near lake Peipsi.